Communities around the country are mounting local and national efforts to resist corporate takeover of public education. Activists from Albuquerque, Chicago, and other areas discuss their challenges and progress on the July 11th edition of the Education Town Hall:
- Save Our School‘s National Director, Bob George, addresses the fight back against school closings in Chicago;
- Rick Meyer, SOS action coordinator, speaking about Albuquerque public school issues and lawsuit;
- teacher/activist Denisha Jones brings perspectives on DC school closings;
- Morna McDermott presents United Opt Out‘s new guide for parents and “Declaration of Independence” (from corporate ed reform);
- Bess Altwerger offers an update on Artful Resistance Campaign
Listen live at 11:00 a.m. and share your thoughts: 202-889-9797.
The Education Town Hall is broadcast Thursdays at 11 a.m. (Eastern) on We Act Radio.
Listen on-line at We Act Radio
In the DC Metro Area: WPWC 1480 AM
Full recordings are archived for later discussion and sharing.
Join the (live) conversation by calling 202-889-9797.
Post comments here anytime.